Friday, July 11, 2008

"A Loud NO...A Quiet YES"

So I was reading tonight and came across an amazing passage - one that I have read before, but tonight I read it out of the message and it spoke to me in a completely different way...

James 4:7-10
"So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud NO to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet YES to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet."

Talk about redefining yourself! I have been sitting here now reading that passage over and over again and each time it is speaking something new to me...whisper that you need him and be assured that he is at your side - sometimes I lose sight of the fact that I am not doing this thing called life on my own, God is here - he is right here with me each step of the way. Christ lives in me and I must confidently believe that in Him I will always win!

"Purify your inner life"...my inner life - my thoughts - my heart - my words...these verses have so little words and yet say so much.

A Loud No...and a Quiet Yes

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good post friend!

Unknown said...

FYI - i keep checking your blog waiting to see what's happening with your life.

nothing evidently