Monday, June 16, 2008

Wake Up!!

This whole blog thing is completely new to me, but I figured I would give it a try...I am definitely one of those people who always has a lot going on in my head and now I am ready to open it up and 'blog' about it all (well maybe not all of it)! I am a 24 year Christian woman who is desiring nothing more than to ruin the old me and take up the life of the cross. I am a worshiping partner at The Rock Church of the Quad Cities and it is there where life change has happened for me. I am no where near perfect - in fact this is one of the biggest areas of thought going on through my mind as we speak...this is where I will begin.

I have recently made quite a few changes in my life, ones I know needed to be made and some easier than others. I have been a 'Christ follower' now for 3 and 1/2 yrs and from the moment I first stepped forward to the alter up to this point it has been a growing journey and one that I know will never reach its full potential, in other words be PERFECT. This past Sunday we heard a message titled 'Wake Up'...since then I have not been able to get these 2 very simple words out of my head. I am at a point in my walk with God where I am wanting more, I am desiring to take off spiritually and become more on fire than I ever have before - I want to quote on quote wake up and realize that if I am wanting life change to happen it is up to me! There are things about myself that I don't quite understand - characteristics that I question where they came from - and thoughts that I want to conquer and overcome...right now my mind is nothing more than a battlefield of thoughts and I am about to win them all over with the help of Christ!
"Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit..say the Lord Almighty" Zechariah 4:6

1 comment:

Unknown said...

welcome to the blogsphere.